Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Almost a Week

Wednesday May 28th 2:12pm

Hard to imagine that tomorrow at 2:12pm our little girl will be one week old, so I thought a quick little list of mini-milestones is in order:
  • Ellie arrived at home around 4pm on Friday May 30th and Abbie and were so happy to finally be home.
  • That Friday night we spend the hours of 10pm - 2am in the basement because of the severe weather and the weather alarms going off, but Ellie didn't seem to mind and had a fairly easy night.
  • Not the case for Saturday night. She wanted to feed constantly and we constantly having to check on her. My beautiful wife hardly slept that night. But Ellison's cord did fall off that night.
  • Sunday was better and since I had to go to work my wonderful, beautiful, and compassionate wife let me get a good night sleep. But that is easy said than done when you hear her crying and Abbie getting up every couple of hours, but Sunday did bring Ellie her first bath.
Ain't she adorable!
  • Monday was exhausting for me at work, everyone was wanting to see pictures and my students had done very poorly in my absence. So I was very happy to come home and see my beautiful girls even if one of them kept crying in my arms. I slept very good that night but Abbie once again got very little sleep.
  • Today - Well everything is done at work so when 10:45 on Thursday I will be one of the first teachers out the door. I came home to a very exhausted but beautiful wife and baby girl and both have been asleep since 4pm (it is now 6:15) so I hope Abbie got some much need quality sleep.
So there is the short recap of the week, I'm sure Abbie has much more insightful things to say but both of them are doing great and I couldn't be prouder of them.

See everyone real soon.

1 comment:

david santos said...

Nice, nice and very nice Baby!
good luck
Happy week.