Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wow... a lot can happen in four weeks!!

So its been officially four weeks since Ellison was born, and so much has already happened. Here is a quick recap:

  • Ellie is now feeding almost primarily from a bottle, Abbie is pumping regularly and Ellie had no problems making the switch. In fact she is feeding better from the bottle and it has really freed time for Abbie and allowed me to have some powerful bonding moments with Ellie. The first time I gave her the bottle Ellie shook her head and then realized I was giving her milk, her eyes opened wide and it was like she was saying "Daddy, you can feed me too!"
  • We have also started to supplement one bottle a day with formula because Abbie can barely keep up with our daughters voracious appetite. Once again Ellie had no problems making the switch and there have been no problems, expect for some serious stinky burps, it appears our daughter will take anything as long as it give her nutrition.
  • Ellie is really starting to lift her head up and loves her tummy time everyday. I can't believe how much more control of her head she is gaining everyday.
  • In just the past few days Ellison is starting to "coo" and smile regularly, everyday is a new sound and she is really starting to smile when we talk to her (well mainly when mom talks to her... but I'm working on that). Just this morning I brought Ellie into the bedroom to say good morning to mommy and she gave Abbie the biggest grin and cooed when mom kissed her.
Of course pictures can say so much more than my words:


I'm a model!


Ain't I cute?


Ellie's first Bachelorette party... for Aunt Sammie


Ellie with cousin Josh

Everyone always told me it goes by so quick... they were right!

No comments: